| |

Disc Golf Tournament set to raise funds for Harvest Fest

disc-golf-pictureAfter a recent Harvest Fest Planning meeting came an announcement and Facebook Event for a Pre Harvest Open Disc Golf Tournament on Saturday September 22nd, 2012 at Heistand Park in Madison.

Here is the event listing and link to the Facebook Event:  http://www.facebook.com/events/210468092412778/

Dear Friends,

Due to a shortage of available funds to pay for insurance for The Great Midwest Harvest Festival, I have teamed up with several other interested parties to organize The 1st Annual Pre-Harvest Open Disc Golf Tournament or PHO for short. This tournament will take place on Saturday, September 22nd, at Heistand Park in Madison.

The format of the tournament will be two rounds of best-shot doubles, with the first round being played to determine what pool (Flight) you will play in during the second round. The cost will be $70 per team ($35 each), with a 60% payout in prize money, and the remaining 40% going to benefit Harvest Fest.

We would love to make this an annual event, so it is important that the first PHO gets off to a good start. We cannot do this without your help. There will be need for several volunteers, and any small contribution of time, money, or know how is greatly appreciated! I have seen this type of fundraiser work for other causes and with the growing popularity of the sport, I am extremely confident that it can work for us.

If you have any further questions or concerns, I will gladly answer them. Please feel free to email me mrvandy123@gmail.com. I will be directing the tournament, and we already have several sponsors lined up, so we are DEFINITELY off to a good start. Let’s keep the ball (or disc) rolling!!!

Sincerely and gratefully yours,

Mike Vandenberg

Tournament Director


October 6th and 7th, 2012

Similar Posts

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *