Wow, this is amazing news. When I became active back in October 2009 there was only one meeting choice to go to if you wanted to be NORML. There are always many ways to support marijuana reform and make a difference in your community, but I wanted to find out more about the organization NORML and how I could help them. So I set out for Madison to see what all the buzz was about. Multiple ways to help, active marijuana legislation and a network of people working hard of the issue on behalf of us in Wisconsin is what I found, so I joined them.
Multiple events, passed medical marijuana referendums and stagnant legislation over the past two years has lead to a marijuana movement in Wisconsin which continues to grow! The week of September 12th looks to offer some choices for marijuana activists with FIVE different NORML chapters holding meetings throughout the state.
1) September 12th 7:00-9:00pm Madison NORML meeting. Location: Wil Mar Center Youth Room in basement 7-9pm, Wil Mar Center 953 Jenifer St. Madison, WI 53703.
2) September 12th, 7-8:30pm Southeastern Wisconsin NORML meeting. Location: Brewing Grounds for Change Cafe located at 2008 N. Farwell Ave in Milwaukee, WI
3) September 14th, 6:00-8:00pmmeeting. Location: L.E. Phillips Memorial Public Library – Eau Claire Room, 400 Eau Claire Street in Eau Claire, WI 54701
4) September 15th, 6:00-8:00pm. Location: Harmony Cafe, 233 E. College Ave, Appleton, WI 54911
5) September 15th, 6:00-8:00pm The First Ever NORML Meeting in Beautiful Downtown Kendall Wisconsin. Location: Wood Pipes Smoke Shoppe & Speak Easy 112 West South Railroad Street Kendall WI 54638